Below are recent updates on MissouriBusiness.net available from our RSS feed:
- National Economic Gardening Annual Conference June 5-7 in Kansas City, Missouri
Top 10 reasons to attend the National Center for Economic Gardening Annual Conference. Registration deadline is May 28.
- Success story: Mark Hall Cabinetry, Inc.
Mastering financials spelled the difference between success and failure for this Columbia firm.
- Success story: Magic Touch Cleaning, Inc.
It's not easy being green, but it can be profitable.
- Missouri Business eNews: May 2013
The May issue of the MissouriBusiness.net newsletter is online now. Includes new success stories, National Economic Gardening Conference, free Google websites, CEOBullpen, cost saving tips, resources for veterans, plus training opportunities around the state.
- Discounting is a good idea, right? Not always.
Pros and cons of using discounting to create better cash flow.
- Advisory board news
Six new members join the Missouri Small Business and Technology Development Centers board ... plus a profile of long-term board member Charley Welker.
- Transforming Missouri businesses - MOSourceLink
Learn about MOSourceLink, a MO SBTDC partner service that connects small business owners with a network of nonprofit resource organizations that help build businesses.
- Intuit campaign: $5,000 to 15 businesses
Intuit, maker of QuickBooks and other small business accounting software, has created a Small Business Growing Strong campaign in which 15 small businesses can win $5,000 to be used to grow the business.
- REAPing USDA rural energy dividends
If you are a rural business or farmer thinking of investing in energy efficiency or a renewable energy upgrade, you may qualify for USDA grants or qualified loans. Deadline extended to May 30!
- MSU SBTDC wins prestigious SBA award, client wins business person of the year award
Missouri State University SBTDC wins SBA Small Business Development Center award; JMARK Business Solutions wins business person of the year award ... both in Joplin, Mo.
- Success story: Joplin 3D4D Imaging Center, LLC
Custom ultrasound center takes clients into the fourth dimension.
- Where are they now? Nanova Inc.
Nanova Inc., profiled in 2008, is closer to commercialization with nearly $7 million in investment announced in late March.
- MO SBTDC newsletter - TRANSFORMATION: Innovation
The April 2013 edition of TRANSFORMATION, the newsletter of the MO SBTDC is now online (PDF). Learn about innovation in Missouri small businesses and how MO SBTDC experts can help innovators with the unique challenges they face in taking their ideas to the marketplace.
- 6 tips for a successful meeting with your banker
Financing is vital to any small business, yet many business owners spend little time preparing to meet their banker when seeking financing. Here are six tips to prepare for a successful meeting with your banker.
- Time-saving tools for small businesses
The Internet: the world's greatest timesaver? Or time waster? Make the Internet an ally with these time-saving tools.
- Business going green: Business energy audit
An energy audit can yield big savings -- with the right audit and auditor. These 5 steps will help guide you in doing it properly.
- No. 1 thing to know about the Affordable Care Act: Some small businesses are exempt
The good news: if your business employs 50 or fewer individuals, you are exempt. Four things you should know about the act and how it affects your bottom line.
- Success story: Kemper Military School Redevelopment Project - Boonville
How do you save your history and create jobs? Boonville has one answer.
- Success story: Habitata Building Products, LLC, dba Halcyon Shades - St. Louis
Habitata brought jobs back from Mexico, creating jobs and transforming a St. Louis neighborhood.
- MO SBTDC newsletter - TRANSFORMATION: Tapping the global market
The Mar. 2013 edition of TRANSFORMATION, the newsletter of the MO SBTDC is now online (PDF). Read some great success stories about Missouri firms who are taking advantage of lucrative exporting opportunities. Harley Davidson apparel, blood donor chairs and hot chocolate with marshmallows.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow MOBusinessNet on Twitter to get updates to this site plus links to other relevant small business sites and business news.
Like us on Facebook
Follow Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Centers on Facebook to get updates to this site plus links to other relevant business sites and news.
Our newsletter is published monthly and features news, tips, success stories about Missouri businesses and upcoming training. Read past issues or subscribe to receive it via email.
RSS feed: What is it?
RSS "Really Simple Syndication" is a Web syndication format used by news Web sites and blogs. RSS allows gathering and distributing content from a variety of sources.
If you see this: or this: on a Web site, it has an RSS feed and you may subscribe to it. RSS aggregators or feed reader software will check for new content on favorite sites automatically and display any updated articles found.
There are many free news readers/aggregators available to download and use. Here are a few:
Subscribe to our RSS feed
Now you can access the most frequently changing information from MissouriBusiness.net via RSS and your news reader or aggregator. You can subscribe in a variety of ways, including:
- Right click over the orange RSS button and copy into your news reader.
- Drag the RSS button into your news reader.